Friday 27 May 2016

Change of Use

This blog was a great New Year Resolution, but in the last 4 months I've got rid of a lot of stuff, and haven't photographed it.   As usual, a format just becomes a source of guilt when you are unable to adhere to it.   So I have decided that I will photograph items I am getting rid off, when they are important, and something I'll miss.   I'm going to post a number of photographs of my old "hippy" clothes.  Mostly they are torn, worn out, and have no future other than rags.  I wish I did patchwork, but I doubt whether I'll take it up now.
A selection of defunct clothes -
on top a rather fetching pink blouson,
below a silk kaftan from India which I wore as a night dress

The hippy cheesecloth trousers with
Indian pink trousers beneath

A skirt I made myself! Our of fabric
 I bought in S. Africa,
 fabric imported from E. Europe and sold to Africans

A red shawl from India, now a moth hostel.
Sad to see it go, but I'd stopped wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment